Flatiron School, Software Engineering ImmersiveSept 2019 – Jan 2020
The University of Edinburgh, Religious Studies (MA)Sept 2015 – May 2019
Graduated with first-class honours. Topics studied included Internet and Society, Ethics, Sociology, Christian and Islamic Theology, the Hindu Epics, New Age Spiritualities, Happiness, and Death. Dissertation examined the religiosity of TempleOS, an operating system written in HolyC to talk to God, and the online following of Terry Davis, its creator.
Untitled Golf Gameidmyn/untitled-golf-game
Multiplayer 2D golf game with chat and multiple maps playable at www.untitledgolfga.me.
- Implemented Socket.io across the backend and frontend to enable multiplayer functionality with WebSockets.
- Node backend enabled the use of Matter.js and Socket.io, and served the frontend with Express.
- Ensured usability in desktop and mobile views using Bootstrap’s responsive styling.
contentStreamidmyn/contentStream-node + steve-alex/contentStream-react
Twitter client enabling users to save tweets into different categories to revisit them later. Built with a MERN stack.
- Stored encrypted user credentials client-side with JSON Web Tokens and localStorage.
- Hashed and validated passwords in the backend using Argon2.
- Utilised git-crypt with GPG to encrypt project files containing API keys, allowing those files to be safely pushed to GitHub and streamlining collaboration.
- Associated Twitter credentials with user accounts in the MongoDB database, ensuring users only needed to authenticate with Twitter once.
MVC Rails app enabling users to post ideas, view ideas posted by others, and ‘pin’ ideas to save them for later.
- Ensured frontend styling was responsive using Bootstrap. Added icons with FontAwesome.
- Extracted HTML for ‘ideas’ into a partial, giving them a consistent appearance across the site.
- Seeded SQLite database with mock data using the Faker gem.
Fingertips, Tipster (IT Support Consultant). London.July 2017
Provided IT support for five clients in their homes including installation of antivirus and teaching basic skills in MS Office.
RollaDome, Volunteer Trainee Coach and PR Assistant. London.June 2016 – Aug 2016
Taught children to rollerskate and assisted with the online advertisement of events.